Monday, June 7, 2010

Seventh Post - Commissions and BOLScon updates

Well for a while there it didn't look like I'd be going to BOLScon, however now it looks like I'm about 90% sure I'm going.

I started working on Mac's commission guardsmen again and got the Catachans and the Specials done.
I love working on Heavy weapon team bases, they allow me to really tell a story with the models, and just have fun with them. Here a junk russ turret becomes an ad-hoc piece of cover.

Here's Mac's Harker and 3 melta gunners.
More Catachans. Mac's guard are all rather bastardized amalgamations of every guard model he can get his hands on. Here some last chancers make good Catachans with the right paint.

Both of Mac's flamer's had a miscast on the left side of their face's. I painted them like they'd just been freshly burned by their charge.
The iconic Catachan sniper trio.

Mac also had some converted up medic's from the Lt Varras model from Battle for MaCragge boxed set. These figs need their bases finished (and the Callidus needs rubble)
I think they came out nice.
Next up was an Astropath converted from a Genestealer Magus, and a Callidus assassin.


This is the scheme I used for all of Mac's Cadians. It's the scheme that ties most of the figures together.

I started painting the vendettas I'm going to need.
I did one of the plastic vendettas a few days ago and did the old forgeworld resin tonight.
Here they are side by side. As you'll notice the wings are backwards. I like this look alot better than the normal GW look, as it makes the aircraft appear sleeker.


Here's the plastic's cockpitAnd the Resin's.

The resin Vendetta was originally my Inquisitor's Valkyrie so I'm going to just update the paint scheme.

Here's a close up of the Inquisition symbol on the wing.

And the inquisition door symbol. I've been wondering if I should paint the door black to match the backdrop of the wing symbol (and break up the gray). What do you think?


Obviously these 2 birds aren't done. I ordered a set of the fancy forgeworld valk/vendetta decals the other day and I'll be adding them later along with some weathering and possibly my normal Armageddon camo. I realize the fluff is that valks get attached to a ground unit after serving for so long so supposedly they would adopt the colors of the tanks around them, but I don't know. Again, what do you think, camo or no camo?



I also bought a new manticore/deathstrike list and I've got to say it's a fine kit. I don't like the style choice for the launcher itself (as I would have preferred a hydra/manticore pack) but apart from that (and the fugly deathstrike missile) I love it. I've gotten everything but the launcher assembly built and it went together so much smoother than the old chimera chassis vehicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment